Model AT-31 Aircraft Communication Systems Trainer is designed to provide hands-on training on a real and operational equipment approved for aircraft installation. The equipment is mounted on a mobile workstation containing aircraft VHF and HF communication transceivers and antennas. All interconnections are of aircraft quality electrical shielded wiring, cables, connectors, and harnesses. The workstation includes a test panel console for bench testing of COMM electronics.
Using Model AT-31, Avionics Instructors can effectively teach students on installing, removing, and testing using live radios and antennas. Students develop proper understanding and learn to troubleshoot the COMM System.
- Durable, steel frame, Vertical standing panel with sturdy casters
- Wood shelf
- Accessories storage case
- Adjustable height equipment panels
- Adjustable height test panel
- Avionics panel, complete with Bendix-King VHF and HF Radios
- Microphone and phone jacks
- VHF Transceiver
- VHF Antenna
- HF Transceiver
- HF Antenna Coupler
- HF Antenna
- Audio Panel
Metering is provided by a panel mounted digital meter. The meter switch selects the following inputs:
- DC Volts
- Tx/Rx Amps
- RMS (speaker channel)
- RMS (phone channel)
- RMS (aux audio)
Test Point & Switches:
The Test Panel has Breakout Jacks for access to a variety of signals and functions. The test panel provides the following common test points and switches.
- Metering of the supply voltage and current draw
- Microphone input (with mike test function for testing pilot’s mike)
- Key Switch & Lamp
- Panel speaker (monitors speaker or phone/interphone channels)
- Squelch control and Disable
- Tuning Lamp Indicator
- Serial or Parallel controller selection
- Headphone Output Jack (monitors phone/interphone & aux audio channels)
- Test Point Jacks for - Audio (microphone, audio Comm input), Audio (mike intercom audio input),Audio (Comm audio out), Audio (sidetone / aux audio out), Audio (speaker audio).
- Technical Reference Manuals
- Students’ Manual
- Wiring diagram
Computer Based Training:
Model AT-31 is supplied with CBT covering the relevant topics, at no additional cost.