The Model AT-05 Flight Management System (FMS) trainer includes the essential features that are part of avionics configuration of newer aircraft. The FMS reduces pilot’s workload by integrating the information from various sources like GPS, DME, and VOR. The trainer features include flight plan entry and simulation, position fixing,and lateral & vertical guidance.
The flight management functions are controlled via keyboard on a Control Display Unit (CDU) panel. The High contrast, high resolution, easy to interpret display is designed for high reliability and long service life. The FMS accepts position and velocity information from sensors, and provides control for aircraft's navigation sensors including GPS, data communication, fuel management and radio management.
FMS Trainer Features:
- Automatically selects best available DME/DME and VOR/DME measurements from VOR/DME, VORTAC,TACAN and ILS DME units
- External sensor interfaces include Inertial Reference Systems (IRS) or Inertial Navigation Systems (INS)
- Provides advisory Vertical Navigation (VNAV) allowing vertical portions of a flight plan such as altitude constraints, offsets and flight path angles programmed to vertical waypoints to be built in advance
- Navigation Data Bank of a comprehensive worldwide Jeppesen database includes such information as SID and STAR waypoints, approaches, VHF NAVAIDS, airports and runways
- User database allows customization for pilot-specified waypoints and numerous flight plans
- Provides information such as fuel remaining, fuel consumed, gross weight and individual engine consumption
- Frequencies can be entered directly via system's keyboard consolidating management of COMM, NAV, ADF, and transponder radios
- Navigation features include Greenwich Date and Mean Time, Present Position Coordinates, Magnetic Variation, Stored Waypoint Coordinates, Stored Flight Plans, Departure Time/Time Over Last Waypoint, Bearing to Waypoint, Distance to Waypoint, Estimated Time to Waypoint, ETA, Wind Direction and Speed, Desired Track,Drift Angle, Ground Speed, Track Angle, Crosstrack Distance, Vertical Deviation, Range and Time to Altitude Profile Point, Estimated Crossing Altitudes, Target Altitude Range
- Database features include all airports with hard surface runways longer than 2000 feet, all high and low altitude intersections, all on and off airway NDBs, all outer markers, runway thresholds, high altitude jet routes and low altitude airways by name, SID and STAR waypoints by procedure name, GPS and overlay approach patterns
- Option available for full AFIS (Airborne Flight Information System) interface providing two-way messaging, en route weather and flight plan updates, performance management, preflight planning and preflight weather briefings.