AeroTrain’s Avionics System Trainer brings the real life experience to the classroom. The trainer provides practical,hands-on training using the real avionics equipment configured and wired just like in an airworthy aircraft. The trainer is designed to give the students a good understanding aircraft’s avionics equipment. Students also develop logical and methodical approach to troubleshoot avionics faults inserted by the instructor. Our standard models include the equipment covering topics generally taught in an avionics curriculum. However, we are always willing to work with our customers to manufacture a customized mix of equipment, specific to our customers’ training needs.
The system comes complete with all wiring, antennas, transmitters, receivers and indicators. The trainer is mounted on a movable stand and comes complete with all instructor’s and students’ manuals.
The trainer is supplied with a portable NAV/COM tester. DME & transponder testers are supplied as optional items.
Aircraft avionics trainer provides instruction on the following systems
- Dual NAV. / Comm. Radio
- Marker Beacon
- Global Positioning System (G.P.S.)
- Altitude Encoder
- Automatic Direction Finder (A.D.F.)
- Instrument Landing System (ILS)
- Intercom System
- Headsets (2)
- Audio Panel
- Two NAV Indicators
- ADF Indicator
- Antennas (LOC, COM, NAV/COM, GPS, DME,XPNDR, ADF) Qty. 7 Total
- Fault Insertion Box
- LCD NAV Display with GPS built in
- 15 ft. extension cable for GPS Antenna
- Tripod stand for mounting GPS Antenna outdoor
In addition to standard equipment, optional equipment may be added to enhance the training capabilities of the trainer. The options are:
- Option 1: Addition of RMI to standard equipment
- Option 2: Addition of H.S.I. to standard equipment
- Option 3: Addition of EHSI system to standard equipment
- Option 4: Addition of RNAV to standard equipment
- Option 5: Electronic Navigation Display (ND) with RMI, HSI, and Moving Map modes.
The trainer is fitted with a vacuum pump to simulate altitude, and requires only 110V or 220V AC for full operation.